Creative CNC-Where Art and Automation Collide

Author   Comment  
Doug Haffner

Reply with quote  #1 
I am finishing a 2 sided sign today.  I had already completed a version of it to hang on the client's wall. This version is low to the ground.  It will hang from 4 tabs with stainless steel chain in a diamond formation.

The HDU is 2" thick Coastal Enterprises 30lb.  The client was looking for durability and strength as he previously had some kids kick his sign made from lighter weight HDU.  This one has an additional 1/4" piece of stainless steel plate in the center which includes the mounting tabs.

I was just a little nervous to get started, but everything came out fine.

Doug Haffner

Reply with quote  #2 
Here are the two "fronts".
The steel plate fits in the middle like a glove.
My plan is to complete the paint work I already have started, then attach the steel plate to the chains and onto the posts.  I'll then attach both sides on site and bolt them together with his custom bolts and some adhesive.  I'll put a bit of silicone around the edges, and have photos very soon!

Once this is done, we're moving on to a mural!  He wants it to look like a Rhino is crashing out of his building...with bricks flying.  Looking forward to starting that!
Dan Sawatzky

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks great Doug!  I look forward to seeing pictures of this and the mural when you are done.

-grampa dan

dan@imaginationcorporation.com
GerryV

Reply with quote  #4 
I like the realistic rhino hide background.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!